My TED Talk!

This week, I performed my TED Talk. A TED Talk is ones talk on the TED stage. The TED stage is really popular event and is watched many people around the world. These people that performed on the TED Talk stage have trained for many years, and have repetition, corrections, repetition, and so on. They train until they have perfection in their talk. They talk smoothly, and calmly. They are experts on talking about their topic.

All this work, and we only had 10 days to pick a topic, research that topic, and perfect our slides and speech. And while most TED Talks were 5-10 minutes, our were only 5-10. Let’s dive into the project.

Step one; we had to pick our topic. This was actually harder than I thought it would be, but I am not an expert on many things other than sports. I thought about going for something to do with sports, but then I realized that my classmates wouldn’t know half of the people I would be talking about. I also found my speech to be to boring.  Then I made the decision to go with something about climate change, because I know that is a huge issue. The end idea was about livestock and the effect it has on the Earth.

Step two; we had to research our topic. I mean, you can’t just go up there and ramble on and on! I researched my topic thoroughly and found many astounding facts. In fact, did you know that livestock creates 36.8% of all greenhouse gases? I could go on and on, but I want to get to the next step.

Step three; build your slides. This was the easiest of all the steps because there was no pressure, and all you had to do was get some non-copyright photos, write some wise words, and Bam! You are done with step #3.

Step four; presenting. Oh man! This was actually pretty scary at first. Then, when you got into the groove, it was very easy. You don’t cards, actually. Sometimes I thought of new info as I was presenting. You can explain ideas more thoroughly, and it was actually pretty fun. You get lots of compliments. This was really fun! You guys should try it out. So fun! See you guys next post!!